In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about online blackjack. We will cover the common types of online blackjack games and provide useful blackjack strategies for all players. Above all, there is a list of the best casinos to play real money blackjack games.
Best Online Blackjack Casinos in the UK
You would be in luck if you came here to find the best online blackjack sites in the UK. The truth is that there are thousands of online blackjack sites claiming to offer the best blackjack casino games. But you can only trust reputable online casinos. By joining our blackjack casino sites, you can expect to get the best gaming experience because they have undergone thorough checks.
Newuk.casino experts have checked every important aspect, including player security, gaming licenses, bonuses, payment methods and customer support services, to make sure you only choose from the best UK casinos.
Pros & Cons of Playing Blackjack Online in the UK
Playing blackjack online has never been the same since the inception of online casinos. With your mobile device or desktop, you can play your favourite blackjack game online. Although playing online blackjack for real money has numerous benefits, there are some noteworthy drawbacks.
- You can play online blackjack games in the comfort of your home
- There are lots of online blackjack casino promotions to claim
- Access to a wide range of online blackjack casino games
- You can sign up with many casino sites to play blackjack online
- Players can practise in demo mode before playing for real money
- Card counting and shuffle tracking techniques won’t help you in online blackjack
- You miss out on the real casino experience if you fancy a traditional blackjack table
Types of Online Blackjack Games
The best UK casinos will let you play blackjack in many different versions. There are many blackjack games to choose from, but we’ve only listed the 5 most popular options.
- Classic Blackjack – This is the classic version of blackjack played with 1 to 8 decks of cards.
- European Blackjack – The original European blackjack game is played with two decks of cards. The dealer cannot check for blackjack if the first card is an Ace or a 10-value card.
- Blackjack Switch – The player receives two hands dealt face-up from 6 or 8 decks of cards. Players are allowed to switch the top 2 cards between hands.
- Multi-Hand Blackjack – A game of blackjack played with several hands at once.
- Live Dealer Blackjack – This is a live casino game that allows you to play blackjack against a live dealer via a live video. With live dealer games, you can even chat with the dealer.
Live Blackjack vs AI-Based Blackjack
When playing blackjack online, you are either playing against AI software or an actual dealer in the case of live blackjack.
How to Play Blackjack Online
With only a few steps, you can start playing real money blackjack online using your computer, tablet or smartphone. Here the four steps to should follow if you wish to get started right away.
Blackjack Basics – Card Values and Gameplay
In any blackjack game, the aim is to beat the dealer by getting as close to 21 without getting over. That’s why the game of blackjack is also known as 21. The blackjack games generally involve several decks of cards where number cards (2 to 10) maintain their face value while face cards (K, J and Q) are counted as 10s. An Ace can be counted as 1 or 11, depending on which outcome favours you.
Since online blackjack uses software, the RNG software acts as the dealer and thus shuffles and deals the cards. Online blackjack players can choose from the following standard options:
- Hit – Ask for another card
- Stand – Accept the current hand total
- Double Down – Double the bet and stand after the next card is dealt.
- Split – Play two separate hands if your initial cards are identical.
- Side Bets – You can place different side bets depending on the blackjack game you are playing. You can place an insurance bet in some blackjack games if the dealer’s up card is an ace. And in the case of Buster Blackjack, you can place a side bet and win depending on the number of cards the dealer has busted with.
You win in a game of blackjack by beating the dealer. This is done by hitting Blackjack (a hand total of 21) or getting closer to 21 with a hand total that’s higher than the dealer’s hand total. You lose if you Bust (get a hand total higher than 21) or get a hand total that is less than the dealer’s hand. If your hand total is the same as the dealer’s, then there is a Push. Nobody wins or loses in this case.
Blackjack Strategies – Increasing Your Chances
Blackjack is a skill-based online casino game, so you must get the basics right. You need a blackjack strategy to have better chances of winning. Here are some useful tips for you:
- Look for real money blackjack games with A low house edge
- Always double down on a hard 11 (11 without an Ace)
- Always split pairs of Aces and 8s
- Avoid splitting pairs of 5s and 10s
- Always hit on a soft 18 (Ace + 7) if the dealer’s upcard is 2 or 3
- Double down on 10 if the dealer’s upcard is 9 or less
UK Casino Blackjack Bonuses
The best UK casinos offer a wide range of casino bonuses and promotions. They have lucrative welcome bonus offers, 1st deposit bonuses, match bonus offers, no deposit bonuses and even free spins if you wish to try out some online slots. Free spins are only for online slots, but you can use your bonus funds on blackjack games.
Remember that every blackjack bonus offer comes with T&Cs. These include wagering requirements, min deposit, max bonus bet and qualifying games. You should always read the bonus T&Cs to know if they are reasonable.
Many new UK casinos have brought the best blackjack tables online. You can now enjoy quality blackjack games by joining a casino site of your choice from our list. Join now for a chance to play the best online blackjack variants with a big welcome bonus.
Is Online Blackjack Safe?
Online blackjack is safe and fair if you join trusted casinos. Top-rated UK blackjack casino sites are licensed by reputable organisations like the UK Gambling Commission. You can pick one of such casinos from our list.
Can I Win Real Money Playing Blackjack Online?
Yes, the best casinos will let you play blackjack for real money. You can deposit money and withdraw your winnings.
Can I Play Live Blackjack on Mobile?
Yes, you can. But it will depend on the selected casino.